To donate to Chai Lifeline's Bike the Drive, please click HERE.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Biking Update # 7

View Larger Map


Oy! Tonight was a real bike ride.  It was well worth it though.  I ended up biking just over 13 miles in a little over an hour.  This ride was a bit more difficult than the one last night.  Tonight I was biking with my friend, and the guy who convinced me to Bike the Drive, Kenny.  He's fast, well, faster than me.  It ached to attempt to keep up with him, but in a good way.   In general, when biking by yourself, you can only push yourself so far, since you have nothing to measure yourself with.  When biking with someone else there's that internal push to "keep up".

Another problem was that the lecture I was listening to, "The Kelm Talmud Torah" by R Aaron Rakeffet-Rothkoff got cut off right in the middle of my ride, thus leaving me (again like last night) with silence in my earphones.  I think it's time to retire my mp3 player.

Tonight we biked all the way to Green Bay Road.  The weather was great, but breezy.  All in all, an excellent ride.  Only a few more days left...

No comments:

Post a Comment